Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dirk

Zigzag--
Am I a fag
Or just another queer?

A deer caught in the head-lines:
Afraid of the stigma of being labeled "gay."

I've tried to sift through all the lies
Now it's time to open my eyes;
It's time for me to be true to myself,
I am a man & nothing more.

A man with many demons
And a thousand & 1 insecurities:
Trying to rationalize what I can't deny.

Flip-flopping back & forth--
Am I or aren't I?

Feeling so confused--
My mind is clouded with thoughts abated.

I'm tired of having to defend;
I'm weary of the prospect of being typecast:
I am a man & nothing more.

Ticktock--
I am the abbreviation
Of 20 something consternation.

Headphones on
Always having to be on;
Pretending to be a man sure of himself:
Obstinately performing in this merry-go-round of lies.

Tightrope walking over a lake of fire
The warning is clear, the message is dire--

I am a fag, I am a queer
I am a deer caught in the dead-lights
Of living a life half-alive.

Poet: Skyy Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment