Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Roller Coaster

Buttoned up
To the neck
Forget about me,
Forget about everything
You say I'm so "up tight"
I can't come "undone"
Well pardon me for being twenty-three
But living has become something of a necessity
Especially for me

The two of us were fine
Living completely separate lives
Please tell what's changed?
I know my heart's grown distant
I knew we were headed for disaster
Since the day I told you
Loving you is like riding a roller coaster

Buttoned down
All the way down
Like an open night gown
Naked, raw & vulnerable
Is this what you wanted?
To see me in my weakest
Most unoffensive state!?

My heart tends to skip a beat when you're around
I know what I want
And what I want is you lying naked in my bed
I need the touch of your body
To quiet the pounding rhythm in my head.

Poet: Skyy Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment